A development methodology of dividing a project into small feature sets/user stories, and completing a subset of these per release.
- Backlog: A collection of tasks/features/user stories to be completed
- Features are pulled from main backlog (called the product backlog) and placed into sprint backlogs.
- Sprints is a time restrained effort or set of features to be completed within a period of time.
- Each sprint and features within it, are given an estimated time to complete.
- Methodology includes daily scrum meetings to discuss what was done yesterday, what needs to be done and anything else (called the daily scum).
- Some teams may use a Breakdown Chart to show the amount of work remaining over time (to determine if the team is not productive enough)